WiMT Champion Awards
MTAA introduced the “Women in MedTech (WiMT) Champion” awards In 2017. The Awards are presented to an individual and a company who has been a Champion in advancing or achieving a significant result in the WiMT Mission or Goals within their company or the industry.
The WiMT mission is to “lead the debate and promote the benefits of gender diversity in the workplace and within the Medtech Industry”. MTAA aspires to actively support women entering or advancing within our industry.
Goals for Women in MedTech
Medical Technology Association of Australia (MTAA) invites nominations for the 2018 Women in MedTech Champion. This award recognises a company or person who has been a key contributor to advancing the WIMT agenda in Australia. Nominations are accepted regardless of membership of the Association.
2018 Key dates
14 September – Nominations are closed (5pm AEST)
12 October – Finalists notified
7 November – Winner awarded at the MedTech18 dinner
- Entries will be accepted from any individual involved in the medical technology industry primarily in Australia
- Entries must be submitted via the nomination form and signed by the proposer
- Entries must include a brief biography of the nominee, of no more than 200 words in length
- Entries must address the criteria and each response to the criteria must be no more than 300 words in length
- Entries may include photographs and other supporting documentation
- The decision of the judging panel is final and no further correspondence about the decision of the judging panel will be entered into
The nomination must satisfy the following criteria:
- A person or a company within MedTech
- Achievement of advancing or significant result of a stated WiMT mission or goal within a company or the industry.
- Period of achievement: between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018
NB: Nominations are accepted regardless of membership of the Association.
How it's judged
The judging panel is independent of MTAA and selected by the WIMT committee.
How to nominate
This nomination form below is for both the individual and the company.
To nominate, complete the form below and submit your confidential application by 14 September 2018. There is no limit to how many people or companies you may wish to nominate however please do so on a separate nomination form. The judging panel will choose three finalists from the nominations received and they will be invited to attend the MTAA conference dinner to receive the award.